FAQ & Useful Links
Frequently Asked Questions
-Federal Plus Loan
-Federal Direct Subsidized Loan
-Federal Unsubsidized Loan
1. Proof of Citizenship (birth certificate, US passport, or alien registration card)
2. Social Security Number
3. W-2 Forms and Other Records of Income Earned
4. Tax Return (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, or 1722)
5. Your Parents’ Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
6. Untaxed Income Records (veterans benefits records, child support received, worker’s compensation)
7. Current Bank Statements
8. Current Business and Investment Mortgage Information, Business and Farm Records, Stock, Bond and Other Investment Records
9. Driver’s License (if any)
10. Verification Worksheet (Provided by the FCI)
1. Were you born before January 1, 1991 ?
2. At the beginning of the 2015-2016 school year, will you be working on a master’s or doctorate program?
3. As of today, are you married (answer “yes” if you are separated but not divorced)?
4. Are you currently serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for purposes other than training?
5. Are you a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces?
If you answered “NO” to all of the questions above, you are considered to be a dependent student and will need to provide your parents’ tax information.
Federal Subsidized Loans are federally guaranteed loans based on financial need. Interest does not accrue on the loan while you are in school at least part time, or during any future deferment periods. The federal government “subsidizes” (or pays) the interest during these times. Additionally, there are maximum amounts you can receive per school year.
Federal Unsubsidized Loans are federally guaranteed loans that are not based on financial need. Interest does accrue from the time the loan is disbursed to the school. Additionally, there are maximum amounts you can receive per school year for dependent and independent students.
-Cover 100% of education costs -No income or asset requirements -Pre-approval in minutes -Low interest rate of 8.5% -Flexible repayment options -Variable rate – rate changes annually but will never exceed 9%
The PLUS loan applies to dependent students only. Click here to apply or call Parent Answer Services at 1-800-891-1410. You may also call the Culinary Institute LeNôtre’s Financial Aid department at 1-888-LENOTRE for more information.
Requirements (for all applicants)
1. Approval is based on applicant’s credit history (applicants may need to provide a co-borrower).
2. Applicant must be permanent resident or US citizen (or have a co-borrower that is).
3. Applicant must have two years working in the same field (if employed).
4. Applicant must earn an $18,000 yearly income (minimum).
Financial Aid Office – Feel free to contact us with any questions at all at (713) 358-5052 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for student aid? – https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/
Free Application for Federal Student Aid – https://fafsa.ed.gov/
Register for your FSA ID to sign the FASFA – https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid#pin-replacement
National Student Loan Data System (This site allows you to access your student grant and loan data.) – www.nslds.ed.gov
US Department of Education-FSA Ombudsman (This site is for student loan borrowers that need to resolve loan disputes and problems.) – https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/disputes
Selective Service – https://www.sss.gov/default.htm
Social Security – www.ssa.gov