Join our International Community of Culinary Students!
At CIL, we welcome students from around the world. In the past ten years, students have come from all over the world, representing more than 25 countries, to study with us. Small class sizes, hands-on instruction and supportive advisors provide an outstanding learning environment.
Culinary Institute Lenôtre® takes pride in all the international cultures that together make the strength of our educational programs. A cultural melting pot always creates amazing results in the culinary field. Set in one of the world’s most dynamic cities in the U.S., CIL offers access to Houston’s vibrant food scene of international cuisines, award winning restaurants and trend-setting chefs. Houston, “the culinary capital of the United States” is the fourth largest city in the country and has the fastest growing economy. Opportunities in the hospitality and restaurant industry are wide open. Anyone new to Houston will be quickly surprised. The cosmopolitan feel, the robust industry, and the diverse dining and entertainment scene make Houston stand out, not just in Texas, but throughout the United States.
How to enroll if I am an International Student?
CIL is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students under a M-1 or F-1 visa. See the Primary Designated School Officer (PDSO) for details?
- International students must demonstrate competence in English Language.
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient financial resources necessary to cover the cost of attendance.
- The diploma course requires international students to have an M-1 visa. While attending school, M-1 students cannot work or be paid for employment. Students may take advantage of unpaid internships to gain experience.
- International students enrolling in the associate degree course are required to have an F-1 student visa.
- Students attending on an F-1 visa may be eligible for paid employment on campus after one year; subject to certain restrictions. After attending for 30 weeks, F-1 students may engage in three types of off campus employment.
CIL helps foreign students with lodging, installations, English classes if required, and foreign student scholarships.